After two years, the bi-annual Working Group Meeting of the Economic Transition cluster is taking place in Brussels once again while offering also the possibility to participate remotely. In this blended two-day gathering we will do a street stunt at the EC headquarters, and reconnect with members to discuss the hot “economic transition” topics and the work ahead.
Tuesday, 10 May
16:30 – 18:00: Welcome, informal get to know each other, reconnect
– Members will be welcomed at the EEB Headquarters and online
– Extended “tour de table” through an informal interactive method of exchange
– Short lay of the land of the work of the EEB team’s working on economic transition
– Plan for the evening and next day, followed by a WG dinner with special guests
Wednesday, 11 May
09:30 – 10:30: Donut stunt in front of two European Commission buildings
10:30 – 11:00: Coffee break
11:00 – 11:30: Economic Governance, workshop by Katharina Wiese, EEB
11:30 – 12:30: Exchange on hot topics where we might be of help to each other. Please send us the topic and a few sentences on what you would like to bring on the table.
12:30 – 13:30: Lunch
13:30 – 14:30: Green Extractivism, workshop by Diego Marin and Robin Roels, EEB
– We will look at the Green Transition from an Environmental Justice perspective and put Green Extractivism in the spotlight. What are direct and indirect forms of extractivism? How does the current economic model undermine the realisation of a true environmentally just transition through these ever-increasing forms of extraction?
14:40 – 15:40: Near future collaboration opportunities
– Stockholm +50: 50y Limits to Growth Report, 1 – 2 June, Nick Meynen and Marguerite Culot, EEB
– Policy Briefing on a global revamp of energy flows and dependencies, Nick Meynen and Marguerite Culot, EEB
15:40 – 16:00: Conclusions, final words and thoughts from the members, Katharina Wiese, EEB
16:00 – 18:00: Goodbye drinks
Please note that this meeting is directed towards EEB members.